Academic Content Standards
Standards-based education guides the content that students should master in each grade and shapes curriculum development at every grade level. Educators use these standards to help students achieve academic success.
The resources below offer insights into what students will learn and highlight progression through the grade levels.
CCSS English Language Arts
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- 2016 Science Framework
- NGSS for CA Public Schools
- Science and Engineering Practices and Subpractices
- CAST Item Specifications
English Language Development
* The California English Language Development Test (CELDT), which is aligned the the ELD standards has three purposes:
- to identify students who are limited English proficient
- to determine the level of English language proficiency of students who are limited English proficient
- to assess the progress of limited English proficient students in acquiring skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English.