The First Lego League (FLL) Program at K. L. Carver Elementary School is an optional, extracurricular program for students interested in working with robots, LEGOS, coding, public speaking, and teamwork. It is a parent- and SMSF-funded program with the school providing organizational structure. The program is open to 4th and 5th grade students in the 2019-20 school year. Lower grade levels may form FLL Jr. teams.
1) FLL team formation process
- Team formation (veteran teams may share out best practices)
- Submit to a public directory (optional)
- View the public directory
2) Coaches and registration
- Two coaches needed for www.firstinspires.org registration
- Administrative Coach (someone who coordinates with parents and volunteers)
- Team Coach (someone who mentors students)
3) Downloading Mindstorm (https://goo.gl/LFTtfI)
6) Veteran coaches sharing out. Time commitment.
- Summer: Team formation
- Early August: Challenge Set Available
- Late-August: Late Team Formation*
- Mid-October: Practice Tournament
- November-March: Tournament Season
* Depending on the number of new students we have enrolled in August, we may host another information session for families who are interested in FLL and have not yet formed teams. Date of this information session to-be-determined.